Sometimes, a binocular can’t get you close enough to your subject of interest for the details you need. So, Spotting Scopes with higher magnifications turn out to be essential instruments for bird watchers, hunters, target shooters, and stargazers alike. But, a lot of varieties are available on the market for different budgets.
Naturally, the question arises: Which budget-friendly spotting scope should we buy?
It all depends upon the magnification power, glass type, eye relief, exit pupil, the field of view, close focus, lens coatings, etc., of the spotting scope you want to have in your store.
Don’t panic! I am here to guide you for the Best Three Budget Spotting Scopes under $200. Be assured! At first, we’ll have a fleeting glimpse of the best spotting scopes. In the end, you get all concepts clarified to take a well-informed and quick decision with no waste of time.
So, let’s begin.
TOP 3 Spotting Scopes Under 200
1. CELESTRON – ULTIMA 80 ANGLED SPOTTING SCOPE
- ULTIMA ANGLED SPOTTING SCOPE: The outdoor enthusiast’s choice is our great all-around spotting scope with an 80mm objective lens and a 45° viewing angle. Perfect for observing nature and long-distance viewing.
- INCLUDES ESSENTIALS FOR BETTER VIEWING: Celestron Ultima 80 includes an extended tripod mounting plate, a zoom eyepiece with an integrated T-adapter for digiscoping, a carrying case, an eyepiece lens cap, an eyepiece port cover, a soft carrying case, an eyepiece pouch, a lens cloth, and an instruction manual.
- MULTI-COATED OPTICS: Every lens surface is coated multiple times with anti-reflective coatings to improve the color and contrast of images and maximize brightness, so you can enjoy brighter and sharper images, even when ambient lighting conditions are dim.
- SHARP ZOOM EYEPIECE FUNCTION: Our Ultima 80 Spotting Scope features a large focus dial, allowing you to bring your subject into razor-sharp focus before it moves away. The included zoom eyepiece helps you zero in for detailed views of distant subjects in seconds.
- UNBEATABLE WARRANTY AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Buy with confidence from the world’s telescope brand, based in California since 1960. You’ll also receive a two-year warranty and unlimited access to technical support from our team of US-based experts.
Engineered for the highest performance, durability, and quality in its class, the CELESTRON –ULTIMA 80 ANGLED SPOTTING SCOPE- 20-60X80 is a great all-around budget spotting scope that’s compact and portable, with a comfortable 45-degree viewing angle.
Perfect for outdoor enthusiasts and adventurers for Bird Watching, Wildlife, Scenery, and Hunting, this spotting scope bears indispensable features such as an eyepiece lens cap, port cover and pouch, a lens cloth, a carrying case, and whatnot. Further, a soft padded case with zippers on both sides protects the spotting scope even while mounted on the tabletop tripod.
Most importantly, the more expensive BAK-4 prism glass, having a higher refractive index and lower critical angle, offers you higher image quality levels. To add more, a 105 ft Field of View @ 1000 yards means more details of the subject and less of its surroundings.
The Exit Pupil range of this spotting scope allows you to carry out your sporting activities both at dawn and dusk and during the daytime. Close Focus being as less as 27 ft., helps you see details of a bird landed up-close to your spotting scope and take photographs.
Moreover, as multi-layer anti-reflection coatings assure excellent light transmission, you get a brighter and sharper image even when the light is dim. Zoom- Eyepiece for the sharp, clear, and magnified image quality of the subject and taking photos from the farthest distance with the help of its ‘T-thread’ by attaching a camera are the other outstanding features you would love to have in your spotting scope.
Besides, as it is filled with dry nitrogen gas and sealed compact, it’s completely waterproof and fog proof. And, above all, you enjoy a Two Year Warranty with lifetime technical support from Celestron at an unbeatable viewing value.
- 45 Degree Angled Zoom Eyepiece.
- Multi-Layer Lens Coatings and Foldable Eyecup.
- BaK-4 Prism Glass.
- Eye Relief – 18 mm @ 20X.
- Exit Pupil – 4 – 1.33 mm.
- Field of View – 105-53 ft/1000 Yards.
- Close Focus – 27 ft.
- Focal Length – 480 mm; Eyepiece Zoom- 8-24 mm.
- Nitrogen Filled Waterproof and Fog proof.
- Two-Year Warranty with Lifetime Technical Support.
- Weight – 57 oz./1.61 kg.
2. BARSKA 30-90X90 WATERPROOF COLORADO SPOTTER SPOTTING SCOPE
- Field of View (ft at 1000yds/m at 1000m):78/26-40.2/13
- Exit Pupil (mm): 3.6 at 30x, 1.2 at 90x
- Eye relief: 1.78". Close Focus (feet/meter): 32.8/10.Eye Piece System:Angled
- Maximum Height: 63.4"
- Minimum height: 26.6"
This lightweight aluminum straight budget spotting scope features the perfect magnification range for up-close spotting or general observation. The massive 90 mm ocular lens maximizes light transmission, thereby delivering vivid and brighter images even in low light conditions such as dusk and dawn or even night sky observations.
Further, at such high magnifications, the side-focusing knob allows quick fine adjustments for a clearer view for birding and sports. To add more, the lightweight Deluxe Tabletop Tripod with carrying case can maximize its height from 26.6 inches to 63.4 inches, thereby providing constant visuals even at longer distances and higher magnifications.
To maintain a sharp, glare-free crystal clear view and to see extraordinary details, the built-in extendable and collapsible sunshade in the housing prevents sunlight from diminishing the quality of the view while maintaining excellent color transmission and contrast.
Moreover, fully-coated lenses also guarantee clarity and performance, even at greater distances than uncoated optics. BK-7 Porro Prism Glass (a borosilicate glass) used in the spotting scope transmits nearly all the incident light to have crystal clear images.
With a sophisticated Exit Pupil, the wide Eye Relief range allows you to have the perfect Field of View of your subject. Filled with Dry Nitrogen Gas, this spotting scope is completely waterproof and fog proof. Last but not least, this spotting scope comes with Protective Soft Case with Lens Cloth.
Aluminum Straight Spotting scope
Full-Size Deluxe Tabletop Tripod with Soft Case
BK-7 Porro Prism Glass.
Eye Relief – 1.78-14.8 mm
Exit Pupil – 3.6 – 1.2 mm
Waterproof and Fog proof.
Protective Soft Case with Lens Cloth.
Weight – 47.97 oz./ 1.36 kg
Lacks Multi-layer Lens Coatings.
Field of View – 78 – 40.2 ft/1000 Yards.
Field of Close Focus – 32.8 ft.
Lifetime Warranty only for Original Defects in Materials.
3. SVBONY SV13 SPOTTING SCOPE – 20-60X80
- 20-60x80mm;20-60x zoom magnification makes long-distance details more clear;large 80mm objective lens provides powerful light gathering ability;2.37” resolution can get the clear details of 60x high magnification images
- High-quality optical design;MC and silver Prism Coating design minimize the amount of light loss during the transmission;concentrate more light for 60x high magnification for clearer and brighter imaging
- IPX7 high power waterproof;the high waterproof level not only helps the SV13 spotting scope easily cope with sudden changes such as rain or snow;It can also effectively isolate water vapor or dust in the air from entering the SV13 spotting scopes' tube during daily observation or storage; effectively extending the service life
- Intimate detailed design;Aiming wire can quickly help you lock the observation target;Adjustable all-metal tripod base to meet your observation needs from various angles;the telescopic sunshade effectively blocks the stray light in the strong light observation environment to provide a comfortable viewing experience
- Includes a phone adapter and a soft case tailored for SV13 spotting scopes;Very suitable for a series of outdoor observation activities;such as target shooting within 100 yards;bird watching;astronomy
Perfect for Bird Watching, Target Shooting & Hunting, BK-7 Porro Prism Glass(a borosilicate glass) of this spotting scope increases light transmission, letting you have a vivid and crystal clear color view in the great distance. Also, silver reflective fully multi-coated lenses make more light reflect to the eyepiece and thereby delivers high-contrast images. Along with eyeglass-friendly twist-up eyecup, the high range of Eye Relief from 17.9 to 15 mm permits you to have a humanized observation experience for birding, hunting, shooting, outdoor sporting, astronomical observation, etc. Further, the low 2.2” resolution allows you to have a more substantial product resolution to see sharper and clearer image details. And, Close Focus, as short as 19.68 ft., helps you see details of a bird landed up-close in your backyard, whereas Built-in Zoom Lens produces sharp images from 20X up to 60X magnification.
Moreover, Extended Sunshade protects the objective lens from damage and suppresses stray light interferences. The smartphone digiscoping adapter permits you to take photos and make videos even from the farthest distance. The extraordinary feature of the rotate knob that can be adjusted to 90-degree on a horizontal and vertical axis makes it perfect for any adventure.
Last but not least, Nitrogen Filled IP7 waterproof and fog-proof budget spotting scope withstands harsh environments. It is indeed utterly impervious for 30 minutes underwater of one-meter depth.
Silver Reflective Fully Multi-Coated Lenses
BK 7 Prisms Glass with Phone Adapter
Eye Relief – 17.9 -15 mm
Exit Pupil – 3.3-1.22 mm
Field Of View – 82.9-48 ft/1000 Yards.
Resolution – 2.2.
Close Focus – 19.68 ft.
Nitrogen Filled IPX7 Waterproof and Fog proof.
Eyepiece and Objective Lens Cover, Lens Cloth, and Soft Carrying Case.
Weight – 61.72 oz./ 1.75 kg.
Only Two-Month Warranty on Accessories.
Whether you hold a casual or professional approach, color vibrance mustn’t be lost, especially while observing astronomical bodies or identifying colorful bird species. Further, getting a detailed view of a target at the range for easy zeroing in rifle and knowing the impact of shots to save time and ammunition are the two outstanding features of a spotting scope for hunters and target shooters.
Therefore, weigh the pros of spotting scope against its cons, and choose the best one. If you would like to have more advanced features without a tripod, have enough bucks in your pocket to buy a sturdy and robust tabletop tripod to support your spotting scope. Or else, it will be like putting a Mercedes on Golf Cart tires.