Does Elk Hunting excite you? Are you looking out for the top-quality scopes capable of enhancing productivity in your Elk Hunting trip? Well, this is possibly the end of your quest. Here, you can get the selected range of Best Riflescope for Elk Hunting.
Elk Hunting is an exciting activity that most people love to involve in. But what if you miss your target or return with empty hands? No, you don’t need to think about these consequences because you are about to get the best solution for your requirements.
We have crafted a guide with the top-rated riflescopes after broad research and personal experiences. You will surely find the most suitable elk hunting scopes by the end of this guide. So, let’s dive in!
TOP 3 Rifle Scope for Elk Hunting
1. Vortex Optics Crossfire II
- The 6-18x44 Adjustable Objective Crossfire II riflescope is one of many configurations in the Crossfire II line. The V-Brite reticle uses battery-powered electronics to illuminate the center dot for hunters/shooters during extra-low light conditions.
- The adjustable objective provides image focus and parallax removal to the shooter while anti-reflective, fully multi-coated lenses provide bright and clear views.
- With long eye relief and an ultra-forgiving eye box, you'll be able to quickly get a sight picture and acquire your target. The fast focus eyepiece allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
- Capped reset turrets are finger adjustable with MOA clicks that can be reset to zero after sighting in.
- A single piece tube constructed from aircraft grade aluminum ensures strength and shockproof performance. O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged, the Crossfire II delivers waterproof and fogproof performance.
Accuracy and build quality are the two major deciding factors for an Elk Hunting Riflescope. This Crossfire II one-inch tube Riflescope from Vortex Optics leads in both these factors with flying colors. Besides, it comes with tons of customizable options to adjust clarity and magnification.
Dead-Hold BDC reticle in this riflescope enables variable ranges whenever you have trouble with holdover. So, you won’t need to worry about any inconvenience in Elk Hunting with this scope on your rifle.
Magnification capabilities complemented with 4-12 adjustments provide high clarity views of the elks. Thus, it is quite comfortable for the hunters to approach the elks from a long distance.
Long eye relief and parallax adjustment features become a cherry on top of such compelling features. However, all those adjustments are quite easy with MOA clicks on Capped reset turrets.
When it comes to durability, a single-piece tube with aircraft-grade aluminum delivers strong performance at ease. Moreover, it is shockproof, waterproof, and fog proof as well. Thus, it will last longer on your rifle for hundreds of Elk Hunting trips.
- Dead-Hold BDC Reticle.
- Adjustable objective.
- Long eye relief.
- Finger adjustable capped reset turrets.
- Fast focus eyepiece.
- Fully multi-coated lenses for a bright image.
- High-powered rifles can cause scratches, but it pretty durable.
2. Leupold VX-3i 3.5x10x40mm Rifle Scope
- Leupold Model #170682: VX-3i 3. 5-10x40mm with Wind-Plex CDS reticle and Matte finish.
- 100% Waterproof, fog proof, and shockproof.
- CDS (Custom Dial System) - Simplifies longer shots by eliminating the need for holdovers or ballistic calculations, by using a dial that is customized to your rifle and ammo.
- Diamond Coat 2 - Ion-assist lens coating for higher light transmission and the greatest level of abrasion resistance
- Precision 1/4 MOA finger click adjustments for windage and elevation offer absolute repeatability and dependability over a lifetime of extreme use.
Leupold packs in almost every essential feature a professional elk hunter would want. This Riflescope comes with an impressive build quality being lightweight and rugged at the same time. Besides, it delivers an unparalleled low-light performance which is crucial for elk hunting.
Twilight Max Light Management System in this Riflescope is one of the most compelling features. You can see a crisp, bright and clear target image with this scope on your rifle, thus providing you an extra 20 minutes.
On top of this, the Custom Dial System infused in this Riflescope simplifies the longer shots at ease. So, you won’t need any ballistic calculation or holdovers to take on the target.
Edge to edge image quality complemented with CDS makes a great combo when it comes to professional-grade hunting. Diamond Coat 2-ion assist lens is also a great addition for higher light transmission.
When it is about elk hunting on terrains, one probably needs some appreciable durability in the scope. Leupold brings in the top-end abrasion resistance in this Riflescope. Besides, it is weatherproof and fog proof as well, which makes it the best rifle scope for elk hunting on terrains.
- Precision ¼ MOA finger click adjustments.
- Twilight Max Light Management System.
- Diamond Coat 2 –Ion assist lens coating.
- Custom dial system.
- Edge to edge image quality.
- Glass could be better, but these lenses are brighter.
3. Leupold VX-3i 3.5x10x40mm Rifle Scope
- The BDC 600 reticle offers Shooters unique open circle aiming points and hash marks from 100 to 600 yards
- One inch body tube
- Spring loaded instant zero resets turrets
- Elevated windage and elevation turrets
- Generous consistant Eye relief
An all-around performer which provides top-notch performance and has a simple user interface is always a better choice. This Riflescope from Nikon is one such all-around performer which both novice and advanced hunters can use. It packs in the best-in-class quick focus eyepiece using which you can customize the fit to a great extent.
Besides, it is a ballistic technology scope that is renowned for incredible light transmission. Superior light transmission complements the multi-coated optics to make the most dismal environments brighter.
Beginners in Elk Hunting lookout for quick adjustments to reach closer to the target. Thus, Nikon provides Windage and elevation turrets which are spring-loaded instant zero-reset ones. Besides, the rubberized eye guard allows quick target acquisition and crisp reticle focus. So, you can target specific parts of the target at ease.
With all these compelling features, durability is also top-notch in this riflescope. It comes with an O-ring seal to prevent moisture from getting into the lens. Besides, it is nitrogen purged to prevent thermal shock in adverse conditions. Aircraft-grade aluminum tubes with such protection leap over many renowned competitors.
- Fully-multi coated optics.
- Ballistic technology scope.
- Quick target acquisition.
- Shockproof construction.
- Instant Zero-reset turrets.
- Not for the dark environment, but it works great in minimum lighting.
Factors to consider when choosing the best scope for Elk Hunting
Even top-rated products reign in a specific category, which is why one should select a product based on the requirements. But, when it comes to a technical category like Elk Hunting Riflescope, things get pretty confusing. Tons of options followed by similar claims from the manufacturers create confusion among buyers. Well, here is the solution!
There are some essential factors by considering which one can easily choose the best Elk Hunting Scope. Some of these common yet crucial factors include
- Visibility: – Like any other riflescope, elk hunting requires the best visibility. If you are unable to focus on your target, hunting can be disastrous. So, checking the visibility is the topmost factor one should consider.
Features like magnification capabilities, brightness, and illumination capabilities are essential when it comes to the best visibility. Adjustable magnification and customizable IR levels are the best-in-class options that modern scopes offer. Elk is a big animal, and you probably don’t want to get closer to them. Thus, smooth magnification adjustment is crucial.
- Hunting Range: – After Visibility, you should ensure that the chosen riflescope has the longest range possible. Earlier, there were scopes with both short-range and long-range, but modern rifle scopes come with variable ranges. Thus, it is always better to go for the product having more customization and variable hunting ranges.
- Durability: – Most of the rifle scopes are made from aircraft-grade materials. But, you may come across the options of having polycarbonate build. Remember that you have to go along the forests and terrains while hunting an Elks.
Such a cheap build can easily scratch your scope or may lead to expensive repairs. External factors and adverse weather conditions are unpredictable; thus, you should always prefer high durable scopes.
- Shockproof: – The shock produced as a result of a shot can be fatal for your face or eyes. Thus, make sure to prefer a shockproof scope.
- Protections: – Different scopes come with different protection to make the scope working across adverse conditions. But waterproof and weatherproof features are what you should look out for. For instance, a scope with abrasion resistance, weather, and waterproof is the best choice.
- Turret Adjustments: – A shooter often needs to adjust the range, magnification, and brightness of a rifle scope. This is possible only when you have a feasible ring or dial. MOA finger click adjustments lead in this aspect with tactical feedback.
- Price: – One should never compromise on the price of a scope unless it is about a great difference in the quality. All the above-mentioned products provide the best value under $300. So, all you have to do is compare their features and performance.
Elk Hunting becomes more of an enjoyable hobby if you have the best riflescope dedicated to it. By now, you surely have got the rifle scope that meets your requirements. But, you should make sure to go through the essential factors that decide whether it is for you. The above-mentioned products are packed with all the crucial features that make them ahead of the competition.