Are you fond of Deer hunting? Well, this engrossment requires both skill and precision whether you choose to go for bow hunting or gun hunting. A rifle scope plays a significant role in this. One needs to consider magnification ranges, aperture sizes, reticle styles, and many more before making the appropriate scope choice. Also, building material, durability, and how accurately it will perform in harsh conditions are some of the points to consider.
The market has numerous options for rifle scopes. But not all scopes might be made for you. Not every rifle scope will perform with a technique that you want. There are chances that you might fall for the wrong one.
Here we have put together a list so that the buyers get the desired deer hunting scopes for their rifles.
TOP 5 Best Rifle Scope for Deer Hunting 2021
- The Diamondback 4-12x40 riflescope is one of multiple configurations in the Diamondback lineup and is ideal for big game, predator/varmint, muzzleloader, slug shotgun, and long range applications
- Dead-Hold BDC reticle is good for any hunting or shooting at varying ranges where estimating hold-over would be a concern.
- Lenses are fully multi-coated for crystal clear, bright images from dawn till dusk. The fast focus eyepiece allows for quick and easy reticle focusing.
- Metal on metal precision turrets offer the ability to zero reset after sight-in. A precision glide erector system ensures accurate tracking and repeatability.
- A solid one-piece tube with a hard anodized finish creates a shockproof and durable scope while helping camouflage the shooter's position. Argon purged and O-ring sealed the scope will deliver a lifetime of fog proof and waterproof performance.
The versatility of this riflescope is something very noteworthy. Tight brush and long-range shots are a cakewalk for this. You can carry through a shot with maximum brightness, color contrast, and the best possible light transmission owing to Leupold’s Twilight Max Light Management system and Diamondcoat 2.
This model has at hand a range of reticle options, including illuminated. On the other hand, the rifle scope it accommodates is a standard duplex one, an ideal general-purpose reticle.
With added features and more retina options, there is a new Leupold VX-3i that has premiered in 2016. If you want premium usability and glass, you are not going to be disheartened. If you wish for flair and glimmer shots without reaching the high price range, go for the premium one.
2. Vortex Optics Diamondback SFP Riflescope
This affordable, high-quality optics is unbeatable. It might not come with the novelty you would expect from a hundred-dollar scope, but it has got all the right qualities for a perfect performance at this price range. When mounted on your gun, this tot has fully coated optics for that perfectly clear and anti-reflective shot of yours.
Besides this, it has durability, strength, and weather-proof ability wrapped in it. To have a crystal clear image quality and to protect internal components, it comes with argon gas.
Despite the adverse conditions, you can have a smooth, instant, flawless vision experience as you have a fast vision eyepiece and the precision glide erector system at your hand. Most of the consumers adore well-built construction and glass quality.
But view issues have been reported to and fro. Someone will always look after all the problems reported about the product as it comes with the VIP warranty.
3. Simmons 8-Point 3-9x50mm Rifle Scope with Truplex Reticle
- Riflescope offers robust feature set for the price; Coated optics provide bright, high contrast images; Fully coated optics, waterproof, fog proof & recoil proof
- 1/4 MOA sure grip audible click windage and elevation adjustments
- Proprietary true zero windage and elevation adjustment system stays locked to 0 through strenuous conditions; QTA eyepiece enables easy target acquisition
- 3 9X magnification and 50 millimeter objective lens; 31.4 foot field of view at 100 yards at 3X and 10.5 foot field of view at 100 yards at 9X
- 3.75 inch eye relief, 16.6 to 5.6 millimeter exit pupil, 13.2 ounce weight, and 60 inch adjustment range at 100 yards
This riflescope comes with a waterproof, shockproof, and fog-proof design allowing it to function at its best despite the harsh shooting conditions. It can take decent short to medium-distance shots. The reason being it comes with an objective lens of 50mm and magnifies between 3X and 9X.
The objective lens not only prevents light reflection but also provides distinct imagery. This riflescope comes with a HydroShield outer layer to protect the lens glass from moisture and impurities, thereby increasing the performance and keeping the foggy images distant.
The Truplex reticle comes with crosshairs that oblige you to get quick and easy shots without many transitions in the scope settings. The fully coated lens permits it to focus on the target in any climatic conditions.
The quick target acquisition (QTA) comes with the convenience of chasing a moving target and shooting it with precision. The windage and elevation adjustments have caps ensuring that the settings remain intact at Zero even at rough conditions.
4. Nikon Prostaff P3 Predator Hunter BDC Predator Riflescope
- Fully Multicoated Optical System
- BDC PREDATOR Reticle
- Hand-Turn 1/4 MOA Adjustments and Spring-Loaded Instant Zero-Reset Turrets
- Rugged One-inch Aircraft Grade Aluminum Main Tube
- Aluminum Quick Focus Eyepiece and Generous, Consistent Eye Relief
This Nikon rifle scope has dimensions similar to Leupold. Hence, we have an appropriate magnification range for deer hunting. The design and build quality are the same as you would anticipate for a quality scope. For mid-range target shooting, this is a versatile option.
The objective lens diameter is 40mm that provides terrific shots in low light conditions. Vivid images, even in rainy, foggy weather, are everyone’s desire. For that, this Nikon product is a single one-inch high-grade aluminum tube that has nitrogen gas and O-ring sealing.
Lenses are multi-coated with anti-reflective compounds to ensure optimum light transmission and maximum brightness from dawn to dusk. This riflescope comes with an eye relief of 3.6 inches that works as a boon for deer hunting rifles as it helps to get your target quickly and avoids strain during a recoil.
The BDC reticle allows getting a clear shot in an altered elevation area. The windage and elevation turrets are marked clearly for swift adjustments.
5. Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn Multi-X Reticle Riflescope
- Quality optics with stunning HD clarity
- 100 percentage quality materials used and tested extensively
- Beautiful design and durability built to last
- Low light rifle scope with 3 to 9x magnification and 40 millimeter objective lens
- Dusk & Dawn Brightness (DDB) multicoated lenses for clarity and brightness
Undoubtedly, the most promising feature of this riflescope is its budget-friendliness. It’s hard to believe about this scope’s potential at this price without any catch in it. It has an astounding set of lenses that provides proper light transmission for a glaring shot even at dim light hours.
The eyepiece offers rapid glimpsing and target accession. Moreover, the eyepiece comes with 6 inches of eye relief at the lowest magnification settings, which even rifle scopes that are far more expensive don’t provide.
Even at this price range, it has a 100% waterproof and fog-proof design. There is no compromise in the quality, although this scope does not provide a parallax turret. Mounting it is easy as it is only 13 ounces in weight. The scope comes with a set of windage and elevation adjustment turrets ¼ inch MOA values.
Before choosing a rifle scope, you need to consider a wide range of factors. Moreover, the scope’s choice depends on the customer’s interest, use, budget, availability, and a lot more. But since now you have a comprehensible idea about which are the best five scopes for deer hunting, things will be a bit easy for you.
After all, the choice of the scope will decide if you will enjoy your hunting experience. Make a choice wisely, considering all the factors. Let your scope be worth your penny and also making your hunting experience eventful.