Due to the increasing popularity of hunting, getting a rifle scope at less price point is possible. But choosing a suitable riflescope is not an easy task, and a wrong riflescope can make your adventure a nightmare. A quality hunting scope should have features like adjustment turrets, good magnification, durability, weather resistivity, etc. Any random low-budget riflescope might degrade the performance of your rifle.
Thus, picking up the best scope from so many other rifle scopes is very crucial. We have made your task of qualifying purchases easy. In the following piece of writing, we have compiled one of the best rifle scopes. By the end of this article, you will be able to compare various scopes and choose the best rifle scope under 400 for yourself. Let’s get started.
List of Best Rifle Scope Under 400
- Vortex Optics Crossfire II 3-12×56
- Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x40mm Rifle Scope
- Burris Ballistic Plex Hunting Riflescope
- Athlon Optics, Argos BTR, Riflescope
- Vortex Optics Spitfire 3x Prism Scope
1. Vortex Optics Crossfire II 3-12×56
- The 3-12x56 Adjustable Objective Hog Hunter Crossfire II riflescope excels when hunting in the lowest light. The V-Brite reticle and over-sized objective allow hunters to take shots from heavy cover with the utmost confidence in tough light conditions .
- The adjustable objective provides image focus and parallax removal to the shooter while anti-reflective, fully multi-coated lenses provide bright and clear views.
- With long eye relief and an ultra-forgiving eye box, you'll be able to quickly get a sight picture and acquire your target. The fast focus eyepiece allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
- Capped reset turrets are finger adjustable with MOA clicks that can be reset to zero after sighting in.
- A single piece tube constructed from aircraft grade aluminum ensures strength and shockproof performance. O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged, the Crossfire II delivers waterproof and fogproof performance.
If you want to be an exceptional hunter or shooter, this Vortex Optics product is for you. Shooting with this riflescope ensures good performance and reliability. This scope is a single aircraft-grade aluminum tube; thus, making the scope robust and shockproof.
The scope is hard anodized, O-ring sealed, and nitrogen purged so that the riflescope is waterproof and fog proof. The turrets are capped, finger adjustable with MOA clicks, and zero resettable.
The Vortex Optics performs well in low light conditions. There is no compromise with the scope’s performance in hard light conditions as the scope has a V-Brite reticle and an oversized objective.
There are complete image focus and parallax removal features with this scope for shooters. The lenses are anti-reflective, fully multi-coated to deliver precise and crisp images. The long eye relief and eye box help you to get fast target acquisition. Easy reticle focusing is possible due to the fast-focus eyepiece.
- Adjustable objective lens.
- Fog proof and waterproof.
- Clear and crisp imaging.
- Can be used for hunting and shooting.
- The scope is heavy.
2. Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x40mm Rifle Scope
- Model Number 170680: VX-3i 3. 5-10x40 millimeter with Duplex reticle and Matte finish
- 100% Waterproof, fogproof, and shockproof.
- DiamondCoat 2: Ion-assist lens coating for higher light transmission and the greatest level of abrasion resistance.
- Precision 1/4 MOA finger click adjustments for windage and elevation offer absolute repeatability and dependability over a lifetime of extreme use.
- Made with 6061-T6 aircraft quality aluminum and punisher tested to a lifetime of performance even under harshest recoil.
This Leupold optics is one of the quality scopes at an affordable price. The Twilight Max Light Management system is a major attraction. The glare is less and impressive image quality. Target acquisition is easy with this scope. The target is not lost even in the bright background due to the duplex reticle and thicker peripheral lines. The scope is lightweight and can impressively stand recoils. It is also fog-proof, waterproof, and shockproof.
DiamondCoat2 coating ensures better light transmission and abrasion resistance. The aircraft-grade aluminum tube can stand lifetime recoil. The windage and elevation adjustments keep the riflescope steady in any conditions. The lens maximizes red and blue light transmission and provides the best contrast. The long and generous eye relief ensures hunter or shooter comfort while using it.
- Twilight Max Light Management system.
- Generous eye relief.
- DiamondCoat 2 coating.
- Shockproof, waterproof, and fog proof.
- Turret’s design.
3. Burris Ballistic Plex Hunting Riflescope
- Scout Scope fixed 2.75x-20mm matte black heavy plex
- 1-piece tube construction, reinforced quad-seal gas seals and Hi-Lume Multi-coated lenses
- Water, fog and shockproof
- 1 inch tube, hunter turrets
- Forever warranty
The riflescope has a lot of amazing features. These features will make your hunting activity easier. The riflescope is small and lightweight, thereby avoiding discomfort while hunting and making it easy to carry a riflescope. The lenses are large to provide better light transmission. Moreover, the lenses are multicoated for excellent image quality. The riflescope is nitrogen-filled to avoid fogging in the internal region of the scope. Thus, the scope is waterproof, fog-proof, and shockproof.
The glass is high-grade, provides brightness and clarity, and has amazing durability. The scope is ideal for shooters and has multi-purpose uses. The fast target acquisition with both eyes open makes this scope a more preferred choice. The scope has a forward mounting design, allowing for mounting it in front of the ejection port. The extended eye relief ensures comfort while shooting.
- Long eye relief.
- Ballistic reticle.
- Impressive shock absorption.
- Weatherproof and fog proof.
- No lens caps.
4. Athlon Optics, Argos BTR, Riflescope
- first focal plane reticle stays valid at all power settings allowing you to fully utilize the specially designed reticle that shrinks or grows along with your target as you zoom in or out.
- advanced fully multi-coated lenses gives you better light transmission to bring optimum brightness and true color across the entire light spectrum.
- reticle etched on the glass that provides excellent backing support for complex reticle design and offers great durability and much higher shock resistance to recoil
- the 6061t6 aircraft grade aluminum tube that has exceptional strength and superior mechanical integrity will protect these world class optics no matter what punishment you throw at it
- argon purging gives you better waterproofing and thermal stability
With this rifle scope, you do not have to spend too much time focusing before shooting. That’s because this scope allows you to quickly and easily acquire your target. Moreover, it increases your accuracy. Besides that, it has a magnification of 3.4-10x and a zoom ratio of 3:1.
This rifle scope is designed to maximize light transmission due to its red and blue lens coating. Another great feature of this rifle is its long and generous eye relief. The best part is that it has a twilight light management system which enables you to see high contrast images.
- This rifle scope is quite durable.
- This hunting rifle scope is shockproof, waterproof, and fog proof.
- This scope has generous eye relief.
- This scope has no CDS turrets.
5. Vortex Optics Spitfire 3x Prism Scope
- The Spitfire 3x Prism Scope excels in close to medium range shooting applications where fast target acquisition and speed is of the essence. The prism based design allows for a compact optical system without sacrificing optical quality.
- Fully multi-coated lenses with anti-reflective coatings offer bright views even in low light conditions. A selectable red/green illuminated reticle features five intensity levels to match the situational conditions.
- The reticle is etched directly on the prism ensuring shooters have an effective point of aim at all times regardless of illumination. A fast focus eyepiece adjusts the reticle into sharp focus.
- A multi-height mount system allows for 30mm and 40mm mounting heights. Dual picatinny rails mounted on the Spitfire allow the optic to be paired with an offset auxillary reflex sight.
- With shockproof construction, the Spitfire withstands recoil and impact while nitrogen purging and o-ring seals ensure fogproof and waterproof performance.
Vortex Optics Spitfire 3x scope is one of the best prism scopes. You can mount this scope at 30mm and 40mm height as this riflescope allows multi-height mounting. The scope can also be used with an offset auxiliary reflex sight as it has dual Picatinny rails mounted on it. These vortex optics rifle scopes’ performance is waterproof and fog proof as they are nitrogen purged and o-ring sealed. The Spitfire is shockproof and can withstand recoil and impact.
The 3x prism scope ensures fast target acquisition and can be used for medium-range shooting. The manufacturer has taken good care of making the riflescope compact in size but not at the cost of optical quality. The lenses are multicoated and have anti-reflective coatings to provide a clear and crisp view in dim light conditions. The reticle is etched on the prism to ensure precise aim for the shooters despite the situational illumination. You can adjust the reticle with sharp focus due to the fast focus eyepiece of the scope.
- Comfortable eye relief.
- Adjustments in brightness levels.
- The scope is easy to handle.
- Etched reticle.
- Lens caps are not long-lasting.
Buying Guide for Rifle Scope Under 400
People often as, “You win some, you lose some.” This means that you may have to make a few sacrifices when purchasing a suitable rifle scope at a reasonable price rifle. Therefore, you need to know the features to consider before purchasing the rifle scope.
We are going to help you identify the various features to look for in a good quality scope. This will help you to identify which scope has features that meet your requirements quickly.
One of the factors you need to consider is the light transmission of the lens. This is very important, especially if you are shooting in lower light conditions. Consider rifle scopes with larger objective lenses because they have a more light transfer. Lenses with good light transmission increase accuracy because images are clearer.
When you purchase a rifle scope or any other product, you look for the product’s quality and life span. You do not want something that you have to replace frequently. There are many reputable brands that you can consider. Some of these include Nikon, Vortex, Leupold and Burris, and many more.
It would be best if you consider the magnification range of the rifle scope before purchasing. The magnification power you need is determined by the shooting range you prefer. For long magnification range shooting, you need a scope with high magnification, such as 20x. On the other hand, if you are a short-range hunter, you need a fixed power rifle scope with a magnification of up to 3.5x.
Hunting or shooting adventures can become better with rifle scopes. Be it a beginner or an expert; a right riflescope is a must. With a variety of features that come with rifle scopes, hunting becomes easier. Adjustments in brightness, magnification ability, special reticles, and many other features improve the chances of hitting the target. The best part is you don’t have to spend more money to get the best rifle scope. The above piece of writing has brought to your notice the riflescopes with the best features and those within your budget. Let us know your favorite one.